PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Conduit Elbow

Mottiqua
2007-05-11, 01:20 PM
Ok guys, got a question for ya'll....
Trying to fake my way thru conduit, and I have it all figured out, except my elbow...
I have created a CSV file based on the radii determined by the NEC...that all works.
My problem is that I borrowed the piping elbow...and when it changes the bending radius, it changes the diameter of the "conduit" pipe.....
Can anyone help me? Please????

jvedio
2007-05-23, 11:32 PM
Your'e not properly referencing your lookup table. You still have "PipeOD" in the family while the lookup table says "ConduitOD"

Mottiqua
2007-05-24, 11:18 AM
Your'e not properly referencing your lookup table. You still have "PipeOD" in the family while the lookup table says "ConduitOD"

Yeah I saw that I had to fix the formula....even after I fixed that, it didn't seem to work???

ahefner
2007-05-24, 02:46 PM
I've downloaded your family and look up table. I'll see if I can look at it at lunch (which really doesn't mean anything).

I'm assuming the .csv file has to be in "My Documents" before Revit can fine it?

It appears you're using Revit Systems 2, not Revit MEP 2008?

Mottiqua
2007-05-24, 05:07 PM
I've downloaded your family and look up table. I'll see if I can look at it at lunch (which really doesn't mean anything).

I'm assuming the .csv file has to be in "My Documents" before Revit can fine it?

It appears you're using Revit Systems 2, not Revit MEP 2008?

At the time when i posted that, we were in 2.0, but we've upgraded since then....
the csv has to be where ever your INI file is looking to for lookup tables...

ahefner
2007-05-24, 06:00 PM
I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but were's the INI settings so I can find out where it's pointing (what is INI)?

Mottiqua
2007-05-25, 11:11 AM
I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but were's the INI settings so I can find out where it's pointing (what is INI)?

An INI file is basically a text file that contains info about your revit settings...It tells revit where to look for Lookup tables, ies files, things like that....
it's located C:\Program Files\Revit MEP 2008\Program and it's called "Revit.ini"
It should list something like "LookupTableLocation=C:\Program Files\Revit MEP 2008\LookupTables" (of course, it depends on what your company has set up, this is an example)
place that csv file in the location listed and it will look for it.