PDA

View Full Version : storefront doors and schedule

shenderson
2007-05-11, 03:31 PM
i can't get a door tag to attach to the storefront doors therefore they are not in the schedule. deadline approaching...help please.

shenderson
2007-05-11, 04:02 PM
the storefront itself will not take a window tag??!?

cphubb
2007-05-11, 04:05 PM
Did you use the curtain wall door family when you created the doors? If so you may need to use the tab key to cycle between the Curtain Wall and the curtain panel that is the door.

BTW they should still schedule with the doors if you used the correct family

shenderson
2007-05-11, 04:22 PM
i'm using the curtain wall dbl doors and curtain wall;storefront. i got the door to tag. i did select the door but when i picked tag all not tagged i didn't specify to tag door tags.. i assumed it would figure out which one i meant. i tried the same process to get the storefront to tag but it will not add a window tag to the storefront. it's pretty common practice, around this region anyway, to put the storefront in the window schedule... is this possible.

cphubb
2007-05-11, 04:27 PM
Curtain wall panels use the curtain wall panel tag which can be construed to be a window tag. They only other way is to use the curtain wall window panel family and tag that, or create a multi-catagory schedule and filter out what you do not want

shenderson
2007-05-11, 05:11 PM
thanks. i've got the curtain wall panel tag and i think it's working... can you tag the whole panel system or just each panel?

dbaldacchino
2007-05-12, 04:57 AM
An entire curtain wall can be tagged with a wall tag.

shenderson
2007-05-14, 01:38 PM
THANK YOU!!!! that makes sense.