PDA

View Full Version : Matchline

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-11, 03:33 PM
Is there anyway to modify the appearance of the matchline? Right now its just a thin, green line. I mean, I could've drawn my own line and copied it to selected levels and would have been able to change its style. Is there a purpose to the matchline tool that I am missing?

patricks
2007-05-11, 03:38 PM
Look under object styles > Annotation objects. The matchline properties are listed there. It's meant to be used with dependent views, so if you have an overall plan and you create several dependent views from that (to break up a building to fit on multiple sheets), then you place match lines in your overall view and they will display in all your dependent views.

Also, you can link your other dependent views with an annotation that reports the sheet and view number where your other dependent views are located. Those will also act like "hyperlinks" to the other views, similar to the way section and detail annotation heads function.

Look in the Revit Help under new features for more information on the new matchline and dependent view tools.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-11, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that you could split up the floor plan that way. The only problem that I have is that I need the dependent views to have 1/4" scale when the original view has 1/8" and it doesn't look like that is possible. Right now I have callouts of the different ends of the building - that way the scale can be different.

bgauthier
2007-05-11, 06:54 PM
It's the only way you can do it. You can't have different scales for dependent views

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-11, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I kind of figured that. I liked the idea of linked tags to the drawings along the matchline so I am going to see if I can create a callout tag that would reference the 'enlarged plans' that I can place along the match line.

patricks
2007-05-11, 08:23 PM
To create your smaller scale overall plan view, you will need to do a standard Duplicate on the parent view and change it to a smaller scale. I found this out the hard way last week, as well.

The idea here is that you can have multiple split-up 1/8" plans across multiple sheets, but you can annotate everything in the one large parent plan, and it will all show up in the dependent plans. You still have to create a separate 1/16" overall plan (or whatever) if you want to show the whole thing on one sheet before going into the larger scale separate pieces.

And there again you usually don't have nearly as much annotations on the smaller scale overall plan as you do on the larger scale plans, so that's another reason why you would need, and want, a smalled scale plan to be separate from the overall parent plan.

BWG
2007-05-12, 02:39 AM
Good tip!!