PDA

View Full Version : Layer visibility control when exporting to DWG

WT-09
2007-05-11, 04:43 PM
Hi guys.
Is there any way to leave certain layers out when exporting from Revit into DWG? When I go to Export - Cad formats - Layer settings, I can assign colors and layer names. But what if I don't want to export some layers at all? Can it be done in Revit or should I do it in AutoCAD settings to filter layers out.

My goal actualy is to create export layers settings that would enable me to export Revit files into DWG (for our consultants) with as less clean up work as possible, and filtering certain layers out would save trouble turning them off manualy in AutoCAD file later.
Any suggestions will be greately appreciated.
Thanks.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-05-11, 05:25 PM
Revit will only export what is visible in the view so I generally create a view specifically for export to consultants with only minimal information in it. Talk to your consultants and ask them what is relevant and you only need to set it up once, create a view template and then apply that template to the duplicate views.

WT-09
2007-05-11, 05:47 PM
Thank you HCSL.
This is a good solution when you have to export just a few sheets. But it becomes problematic when I need to repeat this for 20 to 40 drawings. I mean, it can be done, but I just wonder if there is a possibility to export my Revit sheets the way they are and just filter out stuff like callouts, tags, notes, section marks, furniture, sometimes even dimensions etc. without duplicating views or having to turn them off in AutoCAD, right in revit export layers settings. May be I am just asking for too much.

truevis
2007-05-11, 08:39 PM
Seems some post-processing in ACAD is in order. We need to open and check DWGs before sending them out, anyway, right? A simple way would be to make a button that sets the layers appropriately.

I also like to run OVERKILL, at least, to clean up Revit-produced DWGs.

WT-09
2007-05-11, 09:25 PM
What's OVERKILL? (sorry for my ignorance)