PDA

View Full Version : Best Practices Advice Needed - Multi Story Core and Shell

mzabritski
2007-05-11, 04:44 PM
We are preparing to use Revit 08 on a larger scale project than previously attempted. It will be a 4 story office building. The sets will be issued as core and shell sets. Right now I'm looking for general advice on how to set up the project structure. Right now looking at it from a broad overview perspective. Do you use multiple files for floors / TI / Shell? Use phases for Core / Shell work? Etc.? Can anyone share any advice or tips on similar type projects? Approx. 60,000 s.f. total.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-05-11, 05:20 PM
You should be able to keep a project of that size in one file, and I would avoid using multiple linked files if possible.

As for separate tender packages, I would suggest a search on the forum as this topic has been covered a number of times. Try this one for starters.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=4485&highlight=packages+bid+multiple (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=4485&highlight=packages+bid+multiple)

Using a combination of worksets and phasing you should be able to handle a number of separate tender packages. I would suggest that before you begin you review what your bid packages will be and organize your worksets with the deliverables in mind.

jeff.95551
2007-05-11, 05:36 PM
Mike, I second Dimitri's advice. You could probably do it just with phases, but adding worksets to the mix will give you more control. Likie Dimitri said, it's worth trying to figure out beforehand how the sets will be broken out - it will save a lot of drudgery later.

Jeff

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-11, 06:06 PM
Be advised, if you are going to issue more than one package of documents, that Sheets CANNOT have the same number.

It doesnt tend to be a huge deal, unless you are working with people who REFUSE to break tradition... But we used phasing on a renovation and new work job that had two complete packages going out, and we had to number the sheets 1A2.0 and 2A2.0, respectively...

Not an issue for me at all, and we used the Volume parameter to sort the project browser... But that kind of thing irritated a lot of people involved, lol...