PDA

View Full Version : Stairs in Area Plans

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-11, 06:25 PM
Ok, I know that there currently isn't a way to get floors to be not transparent in area plans - but how is everyone else handling covering up stairs that show through? The only thing I can figure out right now is make a colored fill that has the same RGB values as the area color - but then you also need to make a line type with the same RGB values so it blends in well. This is kind of a pain, so I'm asking if someone has a better way.

aggockel50321
2007-05-11, 06:50 PM
If you're using RAC 2008, go to settings/color fill schemes.

In the dialog, select the fill category on the left (rooms, gross bldg area, etc). Then at the bottom of the dialog, check display color fill in foreground....and then turn of up & down text, as they tend to try to show through....

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-11, 06:56 PM
That brings the color forward but the lines for the stair still show through - I'm guessing because of the transparent floor, or what appears to be a transparent floor.

aggockel50321
2007-05-11, 07:00 PM
Can you then just turn the stairs off in view/visibility, if you do not want to see them?

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-11, 07:01 PM
I could, but I kind of what the stairs to show up where they would be visible and not visible where they would be covered by the 2nd floor. You know, like a normal floor plan would show them. I don't know why the graphic behavior is different here. Kind of odd.

harper.hicks
2007-05-17, 08:33 PM
I'm having the same problem in floor plans, not just area plans. My stairs show up below the floor instead of just through the vertical openings. Very strange...

c-hawk
2007-05-18, 01:08 PM
You guys might want to simply use the Linework tool to set any unwanted lines in these views to invisible. It is odd that the floor isn't obscuring the stairs as they should. Actually, in a quick test, my floor does obscure the stair, but not the railing.

Revitator
2007-05-18, 01:18 PM
Could you post an image of what you're seeing? I've done a couple of tests here, and floors seem to hide stairs properly in area plans (except in wireframe view).

comhasse
2007-05-18, 09:10 PM
I can't replicate the problem either, are you sure you haven't accidentally an underlay turned on in the area plan, or maybe floors turned off in visibility/graphics?

example showing two-story model in isometric view and top floor area plan: