PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Shortcuts and Vista

p-motley
2007-05-14, 10:05 PM
Is anyone out there using RA 2008 with Vista? I'm having a difficult time finding the KeyboardShortcuts.txt file. It's not in the Program folder making me think that Vista put it somewhere else. Any thoughts.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-05-14, 10:47 PM
Do the keyboard shortcuts still work? Could someone have deleted it? As far as I am aware there is no way to change where Revit looks for this file therefore it needs to be in the program folder so I can't imagine why Vista would be the culprit.

p-motley
2007-05-14, 11:04 PM
The factory shortcuts work just fine and are listed in the menus. I loaded Revit this morning and I'm the only one that could have changed the location. I just setting up custom setting this afternoon.

Mr Spot
2007-05-15, 04:21 AM
I removed vista from my system, but when i was using it the file was there. Even if the file is deleted Revit recreates it.

Perhaps the file is hidden? Goto folder options in explorer and View and see if there are any options that could be causing it not to display?

iru69
2007-05-15, 05:45 AM
I have Vista and my KeyboardShortcuts.txt file is missing as well (though the default shortcuts work in Revit).

I tried copying one from an XP install to my Vista install, but it appears to get ignored.

See Scott's post here:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=60698

dhurtubise
2007-05-15, 10:27 AM
its just that under Vista the Documents and Settings folders have been rename

iru69
2007-05-15, 01:23 PM
its just that under Vista the Documents and Settings folders have been rename
In XP, it's always been under the respective Program Files folder, not in the User's profile. Are you suggesting that in Vista, it's somewhere in the User's profile? If so, where? - because I can't find it.

bbeck
2007-05-15, 02:30 PM
Try this path....C:\users\<name>\appdata\local\virtualstore\program files\revit architecture 2008