PDA

View Full Version : Assigning lineweights to different entities in Revit

anamika
2007-05-15, 06:34 AM
We are doing a project in revit.Can someone help us with the lineweights. In Revit the drawings are black and white.What's the best way to assign thicknesses to the entities.

Also if we want to import some details from the ACAD should we assign lineweights in the cad drawing itself. Please share your thoughts.

Mike.Perry
2007-05-15, 06:42 AM
Hi "anamika"

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the CAD Standards (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=264) forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

ps Revit Forum Moderators, if this is not the correct Revit forum for such a thread, could you please move it to the most appropriate one. Thanks.

dhurtubise
2007-05-15, 10:26 AM
We are doing a project in revit.Can someone help us with the lineweights. In Revit the drawings are black and white.What's the best way to assign thicknesses to the entities.

Lineweight is assign by the object styles dialog box (Settings - Object Styles).

Also if we want to import some details from the ACAD should we assign lineweights in the cad drawing itself. Please share your thoughts.
You would be better off creating a view template for inserted cad drawings.

tim.101799
2007-05-15, 12:18 PM

What you need to do here is set up an import line weights text file. It is a text file that maps the 256 colors in Autocad to there equivalent Revit pens in terms of line weight.

This way when you import an AutoCAD plan or typical detail it will plot in Revit just like it does in AutoCAD. I have attached mine for reference. There are 256 lines in the file, each line represents ons of the 256 colors in Autocad. The number on each line is the Revit pen that is equal to the corresponding color in AutoCAD.

As an example, in my attached txt file. Line #1 is mapped to Revit pen #2. In AutoCad we have color #1 (red) set up to plot out at a .13mm lineweight. In Revit pen #2 is also set to plot at .13mm. So this files tells Revit that anything imported from AutoCAD that is color #1 (red) will plot using Revit pen#2.

edit: once you have created this file you need to load it into your project from the File menu under Import / Export settings

J. Grouchy
2007-05-31, 01:19 PM
What you need to do here is set up an import line weights text file. It is a text file that maps the 256 colors in Autocad to there equivalent Revit pens in terms of line weight.

This way when you import an AutoCAD plan or typical detail it will plot in Revit just like it does in AutoCAD. I have attached mine for reference. There are 256 lines in the file, each line represents ons of the 256 colors in Autocad. The number on each line is the Revit pen that is equal to the corresponding color in AutoCAD.

As an example, in my attached txt file. Line #1 is mapped to Revit pen #2. In AutoCad we have color #1 (red) set up to plot out at a .13mm lineweight. In Revit pen #2 is also set to plot at .13mm. So this files tells Revit that anything imported from AutoCAD that is color #1 (red) will plot using Revit pen#2.

edit: once you have created this file you need to load it into your project from the File menu under Import / Export settings

Is there a way to convert a CTB file into this type of text file?

aaronrumple
2007-05-31, 01:46 PM
As I recall - Autodesk had a utility to convert a CTB to a text file. you should them be able to get that into Excel and edit to match what yuo would need in Revit. No single click solution tho...

mbutler.136569
2008-05-15, 04:26 PM
As I recall - Autodesk had a utility to convert a CTB to a text file. you should them be able to get that into Excel and edit to match what yuo would need in Revit. No single click solution tho...
Does anyone know how to do this? We have a few ctb files in CAD and this easier way of converting these to txt files sounds good.

Mike_Maloney
2008-05-15, 07:12 PM
I can see how to go about converting a "ctb" to RAC linewts, but has anyone done this with "STB"? I've finally gotten the PTB to go ahead and get us 4 copies of RAC. I'm now in the Process of setting up the templates and Stds, etc. And am at this very moment contemplating the Lineweights in RAC. Would be nice if it could be done. Any Thoughts?

Mike Maloney
RAC 2009
Navisworks 5.5
SchenckelShultz Architecture