PDA

View Full Version : Roof Slope

lhanyok
2007-05-15, 12:47 PM
I am trying to create a non-rectangular shed roof. The footprint is shown in the first attachment. I have assigned a slope-defining line. However, I think because the slope-defining line doesn't extend for the entire length of the roof, it appears to slope in more than one direction. The second attachment shows the roof in elevation. I want the ridge to be a horizontal line in elevation, but it is currently sloped. How do I define the slope on this roof?

Thanks for your help!

Mike Sealander
2007-05-15, 01:19 PM
Hi.
Try changing the sketch line for your slope-defining eave so that it is parallel to the ridge, and then cut the roof's plan profile to make the eave the shape you want it to be (ie parallel to a wall below). Or, use a slope arrow that is perpendicular to the the ridge, and not perpendicular to your lower eave.

lhanyok
2007-05-15, 01:57 PM
and then cut the roof's plan profile to make the eave the shape you want it to be .

What do you mean by this?

snurresprett9
2007-05-15, 03:27 PM
Set the line on the opposite side of the roof to be slope-defining and set the slope angle to negative. Should work.

Mike Sealander
2007-05-15, 06:27 PM
Lhanyok:
I was wrong in what I was trying to say.
If you create your roof using "roof by extrusion", you can modify using "cut plan profile". This will give you a horizontal ridge and your eaves can be as free-form as you want. Another option is to carve into your roof by extrusion using roof void in-place family objects.