PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2008 Walkthrough Export Frame Counter Size

ejc
2007-05-15, 08:56 PM
Has anyone noticed the size of the frame counter has increased on exported walkthroughs.

Revit 8.1 - No counter
Revit 9.1 Small counter in upper left hand of screen
Revit 2008 Counter is increased to where it infringes into the movie area.

It is bad enough not to improve a feature release after release, they had to go and make it more annoying.

Any imput would be much appreciated,

ejc

bowlingbrad
2007-07-11, 10:56 AM
Has anyone figured out how to turn these numbers off entirely? Can Wimdows Movie Maker crop an animation?

clog boy
2007-07-11, 12:49 PM
Can it be that Revit becomes a design tool rather than a presentation tool, removing the accurender engine and all?

rjcrowther
2007-07-11, 01:19 PM
Perhaps I am being cynical but I wonder if it has to do with 'branding'.

You can tell it is a Revit walkthrough by those large numbers in the top left of the screen.

You can tell it is a Revit floor plan because of the 'unique' elevation symbols.

All that is left is to add some sort of identity marker to sections and elevations and the job will be done.

bowlingbrad
2007-07-11, 02:13 PM
I would rather Autodesk put a little "Rendered in Revit" tag on the walkthrough than those annoying numbers!

cstanley
2007-07-11, 02:27 PM
agreed. those irritate the **** out of me.

on a hijack note, when doing a color shademode export (not fully rendered) has anyone figured out how to make the white background actually be white on the exported movie? mine usually looks kinda murky and grayish...

edit: just so you know, I actually said c r a p above, nothing worse... :lol:

brantfetter
2008-12-12, 05:58 PM
Bowlingbrad: A quick answer is no and no.
No, Windows Movie Maker does not give you the tool to crop a series of frames.
No, it's not your imagination, we had the ability to turn the frame counter off before, now we can't. I think it's BS!

My temporary solution is to output all of the frames to JPG then batch process a crop in Photoshop. The only other issue is if you need to maintain a 640x480 or 16:9 aspect ratio. then you need to make sure to render the frames with the extra pixels up top to crop. Then assemble the frames into an .avi or .mov as neccessary.

I have to say I'm not very pleased with their choices. I know how to use 3D max, but using Revit is more expediant and less vulnerable to translation error and waste.

giovannicandelori2
2009-01-05, 05:35 PM
Hi!

Respect to the problem of frame counter, i recommend some kind of video editor program (profesional) like Sony vegas, Pinnacle studio, etc. in theese programs you can put some object like a blank rectangle over the counter.

..that's all.

I have another question, respect the walkthrough...

I used RAC2009 for make a model of a product, not an space... i model an object.

wen i use the walkthrough for show my model in an horizontal 360 view. it works great. but wen i create another walkthrough in vertical position, the camera changes, without respecting the walkthrough view direction. showing the model rotated every time (4 times)...

tip: mi camera have a path around the object in a vertical position, i create that in a section view, always directed to the center of the object.

what happend? why this problem only in a 360 Vertical view??

regards!!

Giovanni C.

sbrown
2009-01-05, 10:19 PM
The counter is small on my walkthru. See attached image.

sbrown
2009-01-06, 06:34 PM
The counter is a set size of pixels. So its very easy to get it smaller. Open you walkthru window. select the crop, you will see the typical size is 6"x4" if you export at this size the counter is huge. Select the crop click the botton that says 6x4 and then click the scale button and change it to 12 x 9 and the counter is now 1/2 the size, go as big as you want if you arent' rendering that is. 12 x 9 seemed good to me. I actually like the wide format so I do 16 x 9 and the counter is very small.

sfaust
2009-01-06, 08:30 PM
good to know, thanks. However that doesn't help much for renderings...

brantfetter
2010-01-19, 07:31 PM
SBrown, I agree. (thanks for pointing that out.)

However, I still think they should give a simple option to turn the darn thing off and on. Simplicity of use is critical and this just adds work and annoyance.