PDA

View Full Version : Apply Colors to Schedules?

dtownsend
2007-05-15, 09:16 PM
I have a schedule that will be put on a drawing sheet and I'd like to be able to apply a color to two of the columns.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-05-15, 10:04 PM
Felt marker or pencil crayon :cry:

The graphic formatting tools available inside Revit schedules don't allow for much of this. All you can do is export out, manipulate and import back in as a grapahic image. Not very Revit-like.

mabrey
2007-05-15, 10:22 PM
Felt marker or pencil crayon :cry:

The graphic formatting tools available inside Revit schedules don't allow for much of this. All you can do is export out, manipulate and import back in as a grapahic image. Not very Revit-like.
:lol:
Or, if you want to keep the functionality of the schedule, create a dummy view in Revit with filled color regions to the appropriate size, and overlay the view on your schedule sheet. I know it's not very handy, but at least if something changes in the schedule you won't have to re-export/import each time. You just have to adjust your filled region.

HTH

Jon

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-05-15, 10:45 PM
I considered that but didn't give it a try. I thought it would be too finicky to keep aligned. Turns out it's not that much of a pain. Good suggestion until we get the tools built-in. :beer:

rdmanns
2007-05-16, 12:41 AM
If you have Acrobat Professional or illustrator you could always plot to PDF and make the adjustments in the pdf file.

dtownsend
2007-05-16, 12:06 PM
:lol:
Or, if you want to keep the functionality of the schedule, create a dummy view in Revit with filled color regions to the appropriate size, and overlay the view on your schedule sheet. I know it's not very handy, but at least if something changes in the schedule you won't have to re-export/import each time. You just have to adjust your filled region.

HTH

JonJon - that is a great idea. I am doing something similar now, but I wanted it to be done within the schedules dialog.

What I am doing is adding the field region to the title block family and adding a parameter to toggle it on it and off. This works on this project since we have hundreds of sheets that will have the same set-up and only vary slightly. I am thinking about trying an array so I can array the number of filled regions down based on the number of cells in the column. I have a typical number of cells either 0,1,2,3,4 or 5 on this project.

So I am going to do that and make 6 different types in my title block family

0 - blank - toggle the visible property off
1 - 1 Cell highlighted + the column header
...skip a few...
5 - 5 Cells highlighted + the column header

Then based on what is on that page I can apply the type. I think this will work out pretty well. I have used title block types in the based for similar types of workarounds - just this is the first time I added color.

----

BTW Refit MP allows cell colors to change - so it should not be a big deal for Refit Architecture to add this feature. I am not sure the limitations of this, because I only saw it used for calculations that were over, under or good at a Refit MP demo.

dtownsend
2007-05-16, 12:21 PM
If you have Acrobat Professional or illustrator you could always plot to PDF and make the adjustments in the pdf file.Yes this is good if you only have one or two pages that will disply schedules. For this project every page will have some type of schedule on it.

I have used this method in the past to highlight items in the Adobe Pro and then flatten the pdf and send it off to others and it works great for small stuff, but not when you have to highlight stuff on hundreds of pages - that turns in to busy work.

Thanks for pointing that out. That is also good for doing some quick clouding after you have plotted. I don't recommend it for tracking changes, but if you need to do something quick it is great.