PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Wall Components

cek
2007-05-15, 11:12 PM
I've been exploring wall schedules lately and while I'm able to schedule the walls using the "Description" parameter in the wall "Type Parameters - Identity Data" dialog box the resulting schedule generated winds up with a series of long descriptions.

I was wondering if there is a way to assign parameters to the "Type Parameters" for walls so I can breakdown the schedule into categories like (Structure Width, Structure Type, Structure Spacing, Substrate, Finish, Insulation, etc) to make the schedule easier to read.

Of course being able to identify the associated face with the room would be nice but that is probably asking to much at this point.

Sorry if this point has been labored over before but I could not find a thread that addressed this particular point and this is on 9.0 not Architecture, although I did download Architecture to see if it resolved this question. It doesn't appear that it does.

I also explorer the materials identity attributes but could not see how that tied back into the scheduling controls.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this issue.

archjake
2007-05-16, 02:14 AM
Unless I'm misunderstanding you should be able to add any parameter you would like to wall schedules. Where you add the parameters to the schedule there is an add parameter button.

If I am off kilter here do you have a sketch of what you're trying to achieve?

archjake
2007-05-16, 02:45 PM
Carl,

Okay, I think I see what you’re saying.

You are adding the “Type” parameter to a wall schedule. You then go to create a Wall Style schedule and want to tie any information you add to this schedule to the wall “Type”, but it does not show up as an available wall parameter. In fact the only one available is “Comments”.

It appears that we are limited here.

Just so that we are clear that “Type” parameter gets its information from the walls that are defined in the project, and it is just listing the name of each wall. I see your reasoning as this would allow Revit to keep everything coordinated between information and model.

You can currently do what you want with user created parameters, but the user then has to take an extra step to coordinate the model with the information.

At the moment I don’t think that there is any way for Revit to coordinate for you unless your wall properties are set in the project / template prior to starting. Then when you draw with that wall or change it to another type the wall schedule reports that information.