PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the bottom line red when using the array action

SRBalliet
2007-05-16, 01:06 PM
Can someone take a look at this block. I got it to work with everything except an array problem. You can see that when you pull the block down the bottom line turns red and I want it to stay cyan. What am I doing wrong?

sschwartz85916
2007-05-16, 02:13 PM
Can someone take a look at this block. I got it to work with everything except an array problem. You can see that when you pull the block down the bottom line turns red and I want it to stay cyan. What am I doing wrong?

If you BEDIT the block, the middle line IS red. Change it.

SRBalliet
2007-05-16, 02:38 PM
If you BEDIT the block, the middle line IS red. Change it.

But, when I pull down the block and the array adds interior lines, I want the interior lines to be red and the border to stay cyan.

sschwartz85916
2007-05-16, 04:37 PM
But, when I pull down the block and the array adds interior lines, I want the interior lines to be red and the border to stay cyan.
Oh, sorry I misunderstood. I also see the problem, but don't know how to fix it. If you explode the block, you will notice that the cyan line is still there, it is just covered up with the red line. What is the width of that cyan line (when printed) can you make it a pline with a width to match the end result? (Just a thought, not sure if it will do).

Mlabell
2007-05-16, 04:46 PM
SRB, just change the grip of the Distance parameter to have the base point at the red line instead of the white line. Using the white line would array to red lines, instead of the intended one.

Actually you could do this with tables if you predefine a table standard. Although that is nowhere near as fun as playing with DB's. But you can add data and make sure it is aligned correctly much easier than than route you are taking. You could add attributes to your DB but then you would need to make a vis state for each copied att section(which would actually be an entirely different attribute, because attributes with the same TAG will cause lots of problems...), and then link a look up to the array value, and the vis state value, which would be painful but fun.

SRBalliet
2007-05-16, 05:09 PM
SRB, just change the grip of the Distance parameter to have the base point at the red line instead of the white line. Using the white line would array to red lines, instead of the intended one.

Moving the grip worked. Thank you very much. I agree with your other statment, but I am doing this more for a learning project then use. I just started playing with DBs and I am creating them to get the hang of how they work.

Chris.N
2007-05-16, 06:05 PM
Can someone take a look at this block. I got it to work with everything except an array problem. You can see that when you pull the block down the bottom line turns red and I want it to stay cyan. What am I doing wrong?OK, i'm going to assume that the blue is a bolder lw than the red, so your issue is only visual, but still undesirable. what the issue actually is is a "draworder" issue. that last red line is the newest entity which is always going to be the "top" entity. only thing i can suggest you do to fix is to have a 2 line minimum for your table to get rid of that bottom red line.

Chris.N
2007-05-16, 06:06 PM

Actually you could do this with tables if you predefine a table standard. Although that is nowhere near as fun as playing with DB's. But you can add data and make sure it is aligned correctly much easier than than route you are taking. You could add attributes to your DB but then you would need to make a vis state for each copied att section(which would actually be an entirely different attribute, because attributes with the same TAG will cause lots of problems...), and then link a look up to the array value, and the vis state value, which would be painful but fun.trust me, there's PLENTY of fun to be had getting the 'table style' working correctly in 2008... :banghead:

.chad
2007-05-16, 06:14 PM
trust me, there's PLENTY of fun to be had getting the 'table style' working correctly in 2008... :banghead:i keep finding cool new things to do with the tables in '08 ;)

Chris.N
2007-05-16, 06:54 PM
i keep finding cool new things to do with the tables in '08 ;)try using a DB for the source object, there's where you hear that "flushing" sound....

.chad
2007-05-16, 07:16 PM
try using a DB for the source object, there's where you hear that "flushing" sound....eh? you lost me on that one. we really dont use them that much - although with all the new features they added i may end up using them a lot more.

Chris.N
2007-05-16, 08:01 PM
eh? you lost me on that one. we really dont use them that much - although with all the new features they added i may end up using them a lot more. see HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=58912)