PDA

View Full Version : Can Coloured Annotations plot black?

Damo
2004-07-22, 03:07 PM
I like using colour on my CAD monitor to help differentiate lines. Especially useful when zoomed in close and you cannot see the ends of the line.

Is there a way to have Section and Dimension lines in colour on the screen, but plot as black (and leave all other lines and colours to plot as Revit default)?

Similarly, I used to have different coloured dashed / dotted lines for Foul, Surface drainage etc on my old CAD programme. Easy to see on screen, but all plot black. I miss this.

sbrown
2004-07-22, 03:38 PM
Yes, just plot and they will be black if you printer is black and white. I currently have my grid lines red, but they print black on any non color printer. You may have to chose greyscale if you plot to a color plotter, then just make sure you use "bright" colors so they will get associated with black instead of grey(ie, don't use light yellow)

David Conant
2004-07-22, 03:45 PM
Go to Print Setup, toward the lower right there is a Colors dropdown. Set it to Black Lines.
All lines and text will print in black.

Damo
2004-07-22, 04:43 PM
....but plot as black (and leave all other lines and colours to plot as Revit default)? Thanks Scott and David, but this doesn’t work for me. If I do this then ALL my colours print as Black. I need to keep some colours printing as greyscale, eg: underlays (especially) and some shaded elevations.

Section heads and Level heads are blue, yet plot Black. I'd like to do the same with the line that joins the section heads and dimension lines.

aaronrumple
2004-07-22, 05:02 PM
3 Options.
Color - What you see is what you get.
Grey - Colors are reduced to the grey value of the color. Light colors will print as light grey. This is what many Revit users prefer.
Black - Everything is black.

No - you can't take a yellow line and have it print grey and then have another cyan line print black.

Damo
2004-07-22, 10:17 PM
Color - What you see is what you get.
Grey - Colors are reduced to the grey value of the color. Light colors will print as light grey. This is what many Revit users prefer.
Black - Everything is black.

No - you can't take a yellow line and have it print grey and then have another cyan line print black. Understood........ but!

How come Section heads and Level heads are blue on the monitor but plot Black. This is what I'd like to do with Dimension and Section lines.
Or is this some deep Revit programming thing that is only for the factory and not available to users?

Thanks for your reply Aaron

aaronrumple
2004-07-22, 10:22 PM
That is embeded in the programing as a hyperlink. You'll see that there is a checkbox for that in Print Setup under options. View Links in Blue. Check that and the links will print in blue.

Damo
2004-07-23, 12:16 PM
Thanks Aaron,

So the bottom line is 'All or nothing' :(