PDA

View Full Version : Can't export rendering to file??

patricks
2007-05-16, 04:17 PM
HELP! I have rendered a scene twice now, and both times tried to export to file. After I type in the file name and click Save, it seems to do something, but the file isn't there! I checked the file location but no matter what I do what location I save to, it simply will not save this rendering. So now I don't know what to do to get the rendering onto a sheet. :banghead:

comhasse
2007-05-16, 04:48 PM
Above the "Export Image" button there is another button "Capture Rendering". If you click that, Revit adds a branch "Renderings" under views in the project browser. If you click the plus sign in front of it, you'll find your rendering as a view (it will be stored inside the project file). You can drag it from there to a sheet.

You may still want to contact support about the export problem (it's always worked for me so far).

patricks
2007-05-16, 05:23 PM
I tried Capture Rendering and it also did nothing. We generally don't like to use Capture Rendering, as we would rather not have the rendering stored in the project file, but as a separate JPEG or PDF.

I rebooted my machine and it seems to be working fine now. Who knows, I had done a rendering of a different view before this one and it saved fine.

comhasse
2007-05-16, 05:50 PM
I tried Capture Rendering and it also did nothing. We generally don't like to use Capture Rendering, as we would rather not have the rendering stored in the project file, but as a separate JPEG or PDF..
I agree with that, even though, as long as bitmaps can't be linked, you still end up storing the information in the project file after all. Anyway, glad it's working for you again!

david.fannon
2007-06-08, 07:24 PM
We've been experienceing the same ittermitant problem. Sometimes we cannot export one rendering, but if we go and render another we can export that. Then we go back to the first and it let's us export (or capture.) Very, very wierd.

twiceroadsfool
2007-06-08, 07:58 PM
Ive noticed that problem with Rendering Functions when the computer gets low on system resources. ive also had it happen where ill click the "go" button, and the progress bar will just fly up to 100% and regen, with no rendering. Usually the only cure is a system reboot...

rganter.97143
2008-08-21, 03:02 PM
I'm having the same problem in 2009. No way to capture or export the rendering. This is really a huge issue when working with a deadline. How are you supposed to estimate how long it will take to create renderings for a presentation? Screen captures are not acceptable for printed output.

brethomp
2008-08-21, 03:48 PM
Not that this is any help but, I just had the same thing happen yesterday, and again today. I opened a support request with Autodesk early yesterday morning on the subject, and they have yet to respond. So much for the "Autodesk will endeavor to provide you with an initial response within four (4) business hours." statement in their e-mail. I lost both renderings, since I couldn't find a way to save them.

Both renderings were over 9000 pixels wide in my case. Were yours large renderings as well?