PDA

View Full Version : file size

thomasf
2007-05-16, 04:54 PM
My company does high-end residential projects. We typically have our floor plans at 1/4" scale and then do our interiors at 1/2". On our interior pages we always show a blow up of the room also at 1/2 scale.

I have discovered 2 ways to get the 1/2" view of the floorplan view:

1) create a call-out view, which would leave a lot of call-out bubbles on my floor plan views. I'm guessing/hoping I can turn these off in the Visibilitty Graphics.

2) duplicate the floor plan view and then do crop regions to only show the room I want to see.

Does anybody else have soem ideas/suggestions? Do the above two methods have the same affect on file size?

Thanks

aaronrumple
2007-05-16, 05:22 PM
My company does high-end residential projects. We typically have our floor plans at 1/4" scale and then do our interiors at 1/2". On our interior pages we always show a blow up of the room also at 1/2 scale.

I have discovered 2 ways to get the 1/2" view of the floorplan view:

1) create a call-out view, which would leave a lot of call-out bubbles on my floor plan views. I'm guessing/hoping I can turn these off in the Visibilitty Graphics.

2) duplicate the floor plan view and then do crop regions to only show the room I want to see.

Does anybody else have soem ideas/suggestions? Do the above two methods have the same affect on file size?

Thanks
No affect on file size at all. It just all depends on if you want to see a callout or not. Note that plan callouts link back to the top level drawing they originate from. So if you have both an architectural overall plan and an interiors overall plan - make sure the callouts are placed in the correct view.

thomasf
2007-05-16, 06:52 PM
Is that true also whether I use the "Duplicate" or "Duplicate with Detailing"?

I would think that if I use "Duplicate with Detailing" it's going to copy all my annotations as well and since annotations are view specific wouldn't that men I have added information to the database and therefore increased the file size?

aaronrumple
2007-05-16, 07:04 PM
Is that true also whether I use the "Duplicate" or "Duplicate with Detailing"?

I would think that if I use "Duplicate with Detailing" it's going to copy all my annotations as well and since annotations are view specific wouldn't that men I have added information to the database and therefore increased the file size?
Duplicate with detailing will of course add info to the file (minor). However - you'll end up either drawing new detailing for that particular view or deleting, modifying and adding new detail. Just depends on how much you think you can reuse for the new view.

Typically I try not to duplicate drafting information in a drawing set, so I tend to duplicate without detail and add only the relevant information needed for that view. If I do need to copy over some redundant stuff like room tags - I just do a copy paste.

Either way, the file size won't be radically different.

thomasf
2007-05-17, 12:17 PM
Thanks Aaron, you've been very helpful.