PDA

View Full Version : Halftone AutoCAD imports in detail components

cperez.73833
2007-05-16, 05:16 PM
I would like to be able to HALFTONE autocad links when creating new detail components. Similar to being able to HALFTONE in the project. This would make it easier to know which lines I have already redrawn.

aaronrumple
2007-05-16, 05:24 PM
You can. When you import or link an AutoCAD dwg, it will create new object syles. Just change the settings of these. Settings > Object Styles > Imported Objects

cperez.73833
2007-05-17, 06:45 PM
I do not see the option to HALFTONE. I only see Category, Line Weight, Line Color, Line Pattern and Material.

I know this can be done within the project, but I want to Halftone old autocad files when we can create new detail components within revit by tracing the autocad linework. l do not want to explode the autocad file.

aaronrumple
2007-05-17, 06:47 PM
I do not see the option to HALFTONE. I only see Category, Line Weight, Line Color, Line Pattern and Material.
Exactly. Just change the line color.

cperez.73833
2007-05-17, 07:00 PM
That works as long as the linework in autocad is set to bylayer, but when the linework is not set to bylayer and I change the color in revit, the imported color remains the same.

We have an extensive autocad library with multiple colored lines indicating different line weights. Some of these details were drawn all on the same layer with different colored lines.

Is there an automatic setting for imports that will change the colors for me when I import the autocad file?

aaronrumple
2007-05-17, 07:38 PM
In that case no.

I suggest that you spend a few minutes in AutoCAD doing cleanup before importing into Revit.
A. Always run the overkill command.
B. Set everything bylayer.
C. Delete dimensions and leaders.
D. Delete hatches.

With these steps, you can import and then explode the detail and convert it very quickly to Revit linework.

cperez.73833
2007-05-17, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but that would require way too much time. We will keep looking for a way to solve the problem...

aaronrumple
2007-05-17, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but that would require way too much time. We will keep looking for a way to solve the problem...Yet you are redrawing these in Revit?

The steps above can be set in a macro and run in a couple of seconds. Then you save a bunch of time redrawing things in Revit. A couple of seconds of select similar and adjusting objects styles and you just have a few leaders to add and maybe a filled region or two. Then done. A detail can be done in a couple of minutes.

(There isn't a way to force Revit to halftone like you are talking about...)