PDA

View Full Version : Monitor the amount of work done in hours on a project

jacques.80833
2007-05-17, 08:14 AM
is there any way to monitor the amount of work done in hours on a project expect reading through all the journals?

blads
2007-05-17, 08:21 AM
is there any way to monitor the amount of work done in hours on a project expect reading through all the journals?
G'day Jacques

what software are you using, so that I may move this thread to the appropriate forum better suited to answer your needs.

jacques.80833
2007-05-17, 09:03 AM
G'day Jacques

what software are you using, so that I may move this thread to the appropriate forum better suited to answer your needs.

i am using revit architecture 2008

CGM
2007-05-17, 10:36 AM
i am using revit architecture 2008Thanks Jacques,
Hopefully your question will be better served in this forum. I did hesitate, before putting it here as the topic often crops up over on the CAD Management (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119) forum too. Do feel free to have a browse there, however don't post the same question in the other forums.
Cheers!

jeffh
2007-05-17, 01:01 PM
The journal entries contain date/time stamps. So I suppose you could use this to at least tell you when the Revit session started and stopped. It would however be a bit more difficult to find if there was say a gap of inactivity where Revit was left open but nothing being done and then resumed at a later time.

CGM
2007-05-18, 05:39 PM
Hi Jacques,

Have a look at this post to see if it suits your needs.
Links to Chronos for AutoCAD (www.engds.com) which is a time logger for drafting office.

Justin Marchiel
2007-05-18, 06:54 PM
i know that acad has a drawing summary page where you can get total editing time for a drawing. To only down side is that if you leave a drawing open over lunch it will record that. would be great if revit had the same functionallity.

Justin

whittendesigns
2007-05-18, 10:45 PM
I tried putting this in the wishlist once, having something like the time command in AutoCAD only to be the only one wishing such an item and being told it was pretty much a waste and there are other more important wishes than this.

I'm glad now I'm not the only one.