PDA

View Full Version : storefront signage

mrgvij
2007-05-17, 02:12 PM
i have tried everything but have failed, how would i either place the attached image on a building i had designed in revit or ideally go about plotting it in the program.there are no families in revit for store front signage .the shopfront has mini pillars and an overhead sign. thanks for any help

aaronrumple
2007-05-17, 02:32 PM
i have tried everything but have failed, how would i either place the attached image on a building i had designed in revit or ideally go about plotting it in the program.there are no families in revit for store front signage .the shopfront has mini pillars and an overhead sign. thanks for any help
Modeling > Model Text = Signage

mrgvij
2007-05-17, 02:51 PM
Many thanks, but the text goes onto the brick wall. i cant find a way to put up a billboard first.

sbrown
2007-05-17, 02:57 PM
Create a generic model family of the billboard and then add the model text in the family. You can even make it editable by type so you can have diff. billboards say diff. things.

mrgvij
2007-05-17, 04:12 PM
Create a generic model family of the billboard and then add the model text in the family. You can even make it editable by type so you can have diff. billboards say diff. things.

how do i do that?

sbrown
2007-05-17, 05:33 PM
File>New Family> Select the generic model family. Create the geometry you need and click the model text tool, set its size etc. I can't really explain how to create families in a post, so if you need more you'll have to look at the family creation tutorials. If I get a sec I'll throw an example together.

sbrown
2007-05-17, 06:16 PM
Here is a sample, I didn't create the subcategories and materials but you can.

mrgvij
2007-05-18, 06:48 PM
Here is a sample, I didn't create the subcategories and materials but you can.

thank you, you are very kind. i dont really understand it(and dont have the time to-seems very complicated) however i have used your template and modified it to create the signage together with the modelling text. thanks again:)

sbrown
2007-05-18, 09:08 PM
You will need to take the time to learn the family editor sooner rather than latter. the tutorials are very easy to follow and will give you almost everything you need to know.

mrgvij
2007-05-19, 12:54 PM
thanks, i will have a look at them:)

Padave
2009-02-23, 10:51 PM
But how do you put an image on a revit model? i want to put an image on a side of the trailer for a semi-

kingjosiah
2009-02-23, 11:24 PM
did you need this for a rendering? try looking at using a decal.