PDA

View Full Version : Placing Windows in Elevation. (Newbie)

scowsert
2007-05-17, 09:23 PM
I've got a few walls drawn. At this point I'm in an elevation view with an attached dwg as a background. I have the dimension showing the outside of the window openings. I create the window that I'm going to place and can drag it around the screen. I don't seem to be snaping to the dwg backgrounds and Revit is using the center point to place the window.

So I've been placing the window in 'about' the right location then using the align tool to align it with the dwg background. Is there an easier way to do this? Can I place the window from a corner location instead of the center? I must be missing something really basic here and would appreciate the help or confirmation that this is just the way it is.

Thanks again.

jamie.casile80054
2007-05-17, 09:35 PM
Hi,
It may be that your reference planes (in your family) does not define an origin. Open your family, select the reference plane that you would like to use as the insertion reference, go to its properties, and at the bottom is a checkbox for Defines Origin.
aloha,
jamie

Maximillian
2007-05-18, 07:00 AM
having the origin in the center of the window allows you to change the size of the window and keep it centered. If you change he origin and later need to alter a window size it will scale to the left or right. If your design is finalized then maybe this is not a problem for you. I find the align tool to be very fast. Use the keyboard shortcut "al" do NOT hit enter or the space bar like you would in ACAD.