PDA

View Full Version : Can a Revit Link be tagged?

dfriesen
2007-05-17, 11:22 PM
I have a site plan with multiple townhouse units linked into the project. Is there a way to tag each instance? Right now I've used dumb text to label each unit, which is so un-Revit. I've tried multi-category tags, but haven't found a solution.

dtownsend
2007-05-17, 11:34 PM
I have a site plan with multiple townhouse units linked into the project. Is there a way to tag each instance? Right now I've used dumb text to label each unit, which is so un-Revit. I've tried multi-category tags, but haven't found a solution.Are you running Revit 2008?

I though that the ability to tag linked RVTs was a new feature for 2008. Not 100% sure since I haven't tried doing it yet.

dfriesen
2007-05-17, 11:46 PM
Are you running Revit 2008?I am, but this project was upgraded from 9.1, if that makes a difference. I'll test it using a fresh file.

Steve_Stafford
2007-05-17, 11:56 PM
You cannot tag elements in the linked file but you can display tags that are in the link using visibility graphic overrides.

dfriesen
2007-05-18, 12:04 AM
You cannot tag elements in the linked file but you can display tags that are in the link using visibility graphic overrides.Yeah, but that's not quite what I want - on my overall site plan that has all the units linked in, I want to place a tag that refers to the unit type itself, similar to (but smarter than) the text labels in attached image.

dfriesen
2007-05-18, 12:05 AM
Yeah, but that's not quite what I want - on my overall site plan that has all the units linked in, I want to place a tag that refers to the unit type itself, similar to (but smarter than) the text labels in attached image.And be able to make a nice schedule with that info.

rjjlee
2007-10-09, 12:15 AM
Did you manage to get any answers? I'm trying to do the same thing, but can't work it out.

dfriesen
2007-10-09, 03:00 AM
Did you manage to get any answers? I'm trying to do the same thing, but can't work it out.
Based on a suggestion by Wes Macaulay, in the linked files, I created an area plan with an area label that looked the way I wanted it to, then set view visibility in the master plan to show that area plan and its label. That way, I'm able to create a schedule in the master plan, using filters to limit it to only what I wanted. It got the job done.