PDA

View Full Version : Room Schedule missing Area

nnguyen
2007-05-18, 01:44 AM
Hello all.

Does anyone know of reasons that would cause some room in the schedule not to show the area? Please see attach. The rooms are on different level, but the area are all the same.

JamesVan
2007-05-18, 02:35 AM
It looks like you are not scheduling each instance of your rooms (because of the Count field). Perhaps one or more of the rooms in the rows where the area is empty are not fully enclosed? Why don't you do a full instance schedule and see if you get more detailed information.

nnguyen
2007-05-18, 03:11 AM
It looks like you are not scheduling each instance of your rooms (because of the Count field). Perhaps one or more of the rooms in the rows where the area is empty are not fully enclosed? Why don't you do a full instance schedule and see if you get more detailed information.

We have done a full instance schedule and the areas show up. it is just when we ask Revit to not itemize every instance is when the areas do not show up. double check to make sure all areas are enclosed correctly...they are.

sonya
2007-05-18, 05:51 AM
you need to get the column / field in the schedule to "calculate totals" it's in the options / formatting somewhere (don't have reivt running at the moment to check exactly where)

nnguyen
2007-05-18, 02:40 PM
you need to get the column / field in the schedule to "calculate totals" it's in the options / formatting somewhere (don't have reivt running at the moment to check exactly where)

we do not want it to "calculate totals" (if i understand what it does). We want it to list how many occurrances there are of that room (the count) and what the Area is. not the "area"x"count"=total.

it work with other cases, just not all.

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-18, 02:59 PM
If i understand what youre after, it is only going to display a value for Area if every instance of that Area has the exact same Area Value.

I would expand the schedule to Itemize every instance and see if that is the case. If theyre off or different at all, they wont display properly.

nnguyen
2007-05-18, 03:24 PM
If i understand what youre after, it is only going to display a value for Area if every instance of that Area has the exact same Area Value.

I would expand the schedule to Itemize every instance and see if that is the case. If theyre off or different at all, they wont display properly.

We tested that yesterday. The Area were all the same. But I'll have my team mate double check.

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-18, 03:39 PM
Im just throwing it out there, becuase with the multiple counts, and the not calculating totals, im pretty sure thats the only way they will display.

As far as that goes, maybe expand them to a couple of decimal places and make sure one isnt rounding different for some reason?

dgraue
2007-05-18, 04:26 PM
Check the properties of each room. You will see the area accuracy is two decimal places. Even though area in the schedule is rounding to the nearest sf it still considers the decimals when sorting. Chances are the area of each room is slightly off. One room may be 304.06 sf and the other is 304.05 sf for example.

It would be nice if there was a tolerance control for schedules that would give you the option to ignore the decimals.

DG

nnguyen
2007-05-18, 05:57 PM
thanks to twiceroadsfool and dgraue for the suggestion. Y'all were correct. When we showed 3 decimal places, sure enough they were slightly off. now, is there a way to avoid doing an area plan for total square footage calculation for units(also avoid making the interior walls of the units non-room bounding)? is there a way to place a formula in the schedule or parameter so that Revit will add up the rooms that are assigned to a unit. meaning, in a unit we would like Revit to add:

Bath+closet+main room = total area of the unit
and to have the total area of the unit to show in the schedule.

i think the answer is no, but i am hoping i am wrong. again, thanks for all the help.

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-18, 06:05 PM
There is a roundabout way. Its not fully intelligent though.

You could add a "UNIT" Parameter to the Room Objects, and then Sort your schedule by UNIT, and not by Room Name. Of you dont itemize each instance and display totals, you will get the total for the UNIT.

Another possibility is to make the walls between the bathroom and unit non room bounding, but this causes a bunch of other problems, such as Warnings that multiple rooms are enclosed in the same place, not to mention that you then lose the intelligence of the Bathroom Area.

Or, as you found out... You can use an Area Plan for such calculations...