PDA

View Full Version : Footing that can follow ledge

Mike Sealander
2007-05-22, 02:47 PM
Hi.
Is there a way to create a footing that can follow topography, such as when a footing is poured on top of ledge? I've been editing the elevation profile of a concrete wall in order to approximate the wall following the ledge, but it's time-consuming (we just rotated the building on the site).
I thought there might be a way to have the site play host to a wall or footing, and thus have the site carve out the intersecting portion of the footing, but I'm not having any luck.

sbrown
2007-05-22, 06:33 PM
You can make a family that follow the topo slope however it won't step, it will just take the average of the slope so I wouldn't recommend it for your situation. I think what you are doing is probably the best way to do it.

c-hawk
2007-05-22, 08:22 PM
If you really want to try it, you could see how well the new sub-component modification of floors would allow you to duplicate the slope of your site in a floor. From here you could attach your walls to this new floor/site. It's a thought ... would probably be much easier to keep doing what you're doing.