PDA

View Full Version : RAC2008 - Help Files - Vista

bbeck
2007-05-22, 03:02 PM
Looking for anyone else out there running Vista and Revit 2008 to test something for me. I have a new Vista box that I'm running tests on to ensure that my network deployments, applications etc. are going to remain functional across the four (4) different operating systems that I'm currently forced to deal with.

My current problem : RAC 2008 on Vista. When I go to the help menu within Revit and try to do a search, the application goes into "not responding" mode. Right now it only appears that a search is causing this problem. Index and Contents within the Help menu work fine.

Just looking for a little input before I send this off to Support.

jeffh
2007-05-22, 05:44 PM
I checked this on a Vista machine and had no problems executing a search of help. Not sure what the problem might be. Perhaps a bad installation? Might try a repair.

bbeck
2007-05-23, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the reply Jeff. I'll take another look at my deployment configuration and see if there are just some items I've missed. I'll also try a stock install from DVD/stand-alone after re-imaging the box to ensure that I have MS Factory settings on Vista before I change settings for our WAN/subnet and network licensing.