PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Tag

Kroke
2007-05-22, 05:37 PM
Is there a way to reduce the size of the standard elevation tag by like....1/2?

muttlieb
2007-05-22, 05:50 PM
Yes, under Settings > View Tags > Elevation Tags. See dimension parameter.

Kroke
2007-05-22, 05:54 PM
Awww, thank you! So simple.

Revit still amazes me. I've been using since 3.0 and am unaware of all the little settings that were not there since that release. ;)

Oh hey, another Oregonian!

Thanks a lot!

tim.101799
2007-05-22, 07:44 PM
Is there a way to reduce the size of the standard elevation tag by like....1/2?

I went and set all the elevation, section & detail tags to 3/8" dia instead of the typical 1/2" dia. Just that little reduction in size makes a big difference in reducing clutter on your drawings. Most of the old timers are a little annoyed that they are not standard size. But everyone that uses Revit & CAD loves it.

houston.cad
2010-07-15, 08:52 PM
Did the elevation tags change in 2011 or do I have an edited elevation tag.
In type properties for elevation tags all I have is one parameter with a drop down list and I can not modify the diameter. I have half inch round or half inch square and that is it.

I managed to edit an elevation tag family so I can change the diameter but I then need to scale the arrows as well. I do not see what you posted at all.

Scott D Davis
2010-07-15, 08:59 PM
Did the elevation tags change in 2011 or do I have an edited elevation tag.
In type properties for elevation tags all I have is one parameter with a drop down list and I can not modify the diameter. I have half inch round or half inch square and that is it.

I managed to edit an elevation tag family so I can change the diameter but I then need to scale the arrows as well. I do not see what you posted at all.

This topic is over 3 years old (May 2007). Elevation tags are newly editiable in 2011 Revit. You can make your own symbology or use the out of the box elevation tags, or edit the ootb tags to be your own. They consist of 2 parts, a pointer and an arrow. Both are families you can edit. You nest the arrow family into the body family, and then the combo body/arrow family is loaded into your project.

houston.cad
2010-07-16, 06:43 PM
I can get the circle to scale down but not the arrow part. Can the arrow be scaled with a parameter or do I have to actually scale it and set visibility by type?