PDA

View Full Version : Doors in Curtainwall

pashley
2004-07-23, 02:21 PM
After nearly a year off from working actively with Revit, I'm re-discovering the joys of curtainwall (really), but can't remember how to get a schedulable door inserted. Any help?

J. Grouchy
2004-07-23, 02:46 PM
Load a curtain wall door...then, using the tab key, select the panel you want to change (after you have divided the curtain wall using the Curtain Grid tool) and select the curtain wall door from the pull-down list. You also then have to tab/select that panel in order to use the 'flip' command and in order to tag the door.

pashley
2004-07-23, 03:01 PM
Well, I guess it was easier than I thought - I was just looking in the wrong place in the library. However, it seems that Revit not come with curtain wall doors that actually look like curtain wall doors - ie. with frames and hardware. I looked around on the web for one but didn't come acoss any. Do es anyone know of any sources?

J. Grouchy
2004-07-23, 03:21 PM
Yeah...we noticed that one, so I made a one that you can edit to your needs (i.e. stile width, etc.) I'm sure someone else has made one with more bells and whistles...but honestly we never found the need for anything beyond this basic representation in the drawings.

pashley
2004-07-23, 06:04 PM
Great - thanks for the help.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-07-23, 06:46 PM
Here is one based on the stock revit double store front door

msmith.tsap
2006-05-12, 06:41 AM
Old thread that I picked up when learning how to do curtain wall doors. Great help. However some of my doors are going in opposite swing that I want them to. Can't seem to find where (or how) to flip orientation like I would a wall or regular door. Please help.

Thanks.

Marc
TSAP

ejburrell67787
2006-05-12, 07:40 AM
You should be able to select the door panel - using tab if necessary - and then the switch icon will appear (little two-way blue arrows) and you can click on it to toggle the swing direction.

msmith.tsap
2006-05-12, 04:48 PM
Thanks Elrond. I thought that was what it was but I was continuing to work in the elevation. Thought I had gone to floor plan but must have not. There it was. Just like other elements.

Thanks for the memory jog.

Marc
TSAP