PDA

View Full Version : Review Warnings: Room's top face...

nnguyen
2007-05-22, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know what this warning mean and how to correct it?

"Room's top face does not belong to any element. Is room height correct?"

A project that we have in the office is pretty messy and the project team is going through the 2000+ warnings that they have that they ignored. And the above is one of them. There is no option to say yes (since it is listed in the review warning tool), the only option is to show, and delete checked. However, they do not want to delete it, since then they have to go back and place the room and all the views that have a tag associated to that room again. They would like to avoid this method since this occurs more than 1 time...let's say it occurs over 50 times (to be generous). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

cphubb
2007-05-23, 02:30 AM
We have seen that one as well. We are also getting one that says all faces were not exported to gbxml. How can we clear those? Nobody knows who exported the gbxml nor do we care, but we want the warnings removed. I was looking at a thread recently that implies the amount of warnings can impact file size so we are removing all we can, but we have 800 of these gbxml errors.

nnguyen
2007-05-23, 03:42 PM
We have seen that one as well. We are also getting one that says all faces were not exported to gbxml. How can we clear those? Nobody knows who exported the gbxml nor do we care, but we want the warnings removed. I was looking at a thread recently that implies the amount of warnings can impact file size so we are removing all we can, but we have 800 of these gbxml errors.

This is what we got from support:

"Thank you for contacting Autodesk Support. Here is the recommended resolution to your Support Request:

That warning was issued during an export to gbXML. The warning indicates that the top of the room does not have a room boundary, such as a floor or roof, at its top. To fix the problem, verify that the rooms extend to the roof or floor and that the roof is room bounding. Also, go to Settings>Room and Area Settings and check “Compute room volumes” on the Room Calculations tab. Then export to gbXML again."

Some one must have mistakenly exported to gbXML for this to happen. I know I was the one who did it...the project team on that project will be seeing if this works in removing the warnings. *crossing fingers*

c-hawk
2007-05-23, 04:14 PM
It should work ... I went through the same steps. Just ensure the top of the room volume overlaps it's enclosing geometry. There's also a little tutorial on GBS' site that covers the issue.

http://www.greenbuildingstudio.com/downloads/RevitGBSTutorial.pdf

nnguyen
2007-05-23, 05:29 PM
It should work ... I went through the same steps. Just ensure the top of the room volume overlaps it's enclosing geometry. There's also a little tutorial on GBS' site that covers the issue.

http://www.greenbuildingstudio.com/downloads/RevitGBSTutorial.pdf

it didn't work for them. what do you mean "ensure the top of the room volume overlaps it's enclosing geometry"?

c-hawk
2007-05-23, 05:53 PM
I was trying to be generic in regards of the top geometry (roof, floor, curtain system, etc.). Essentially, the top of the room volume needs to overlap whatever object is serving as the ceiling/roof. The tutorial covers this with some supporting graphics.