PDA

View Full Version : Applying Templates

ryan.jacobs
2007-05-23, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know of any way to apply a project template to an already created project? We're an office just learning the joys of Revit and are in the process of developing a template to start from. Meanwhile, projects have already been started while the template is being updated/revised. Is the a way to apply the new template to existing projects other than Transfering project standards? Thanks for any help.

Ryan

petervanko
2007-05-23, 01:25 PM
Well, not as far as I know. What you can do is TRANSFER PROJECT STANDARDS from the FILE pulldown...

Open a new project with your desired template, and simultaneously open the project you wish to update...

SORRY...you already know about Project standards...

rjcrowther
2007-05-23, 01:42 PM
I would transfer project standards as well.

c-hawk
2007-05-23, 02:51 PM
You can copy/paste from the project file that doesn't have the correct standards to a project created from the new template. This, in affect, will update any identically named system families, lines, regions, etc. to their definition in the new project. It may be a little quirky if you have a lot of data in the existing project, but it's worth an investigation.

petervanko
2007-05-23, 03:13 PM
That solution would be fine for fledgling projects, but think about the views, sheets, and families you would lose on a mature project. Copying and pasting is not the solution here if the project is well underway...

c-hawk
2007-05-23, 03:30 PM
That solution would be fine for fledgling projects, but think about the views, sheets, and families you would lose on a mature project. Copying and pasting is not the solution here if the project is well underway...

Please note the last sentence of my post. Ryan was asking for a suggestion/solution ... that is what I offered.