PDA

View Full Version : Bell Curve walls above roof.

matthews.137824
2007-05-23, 06:16 PM
Not sure if this is the place to do this, but I have a question that i just cannot figure out.

I am making a dormer through a roof - and the walls of the dormer are to be curved down and out - these curves are to be constructed atop the roof only - how can I model this within revit.
I have tried sweeps, and including the sweep right into the wall type - but everything i do the curve goes right through the roof and shows up on my second floor plan. I would like this to be accurately modeled in the project, and i do not want to "half ***" some sort of solution.

Thanks,

Brian

sjsl
2007-05-23, 06:51 PM
Try and use "Edit Profile". Select the wall you want to change the shape of and click edit profile on the optins bar. You will get four pink lines you can change o any shape you want.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-05-24, 03:59 AM
Brian,

I think I know what you want to do but a quick image would help.

comhasse
2007-05-24, 09:10 AM
...I am making a dormer through a roof - and the walls of the dormer are to be curved down and out - these curves are to be constructed atop the roof only - how can I model this within revit.

If i get you right your problem is the dormer walls showing in the floor plan below. Are you aware that you can attach the bottom edge of walls to a roof? That should fix it.

The wall profile or a curvature in plan shouldn't matter, however, if your walls have custom profiles, make sure that the top of the wall as defined in properties is above the roof surface, otherwise you'll get an error message.