i want to show two different cut patterns in multiple views in the same wall
for example:
*SOLID FILL for wall 'A' in plan views
*CONCRETE FILL for wall 'A' in section views

is this possible?
i'm unable to get it to work

Tobie
2007-05-23, 10:57 PM
I don't think you can have two separate fill patterns for the same wall. You can use fill pattern when you do detailing on you sections, but it is not the most elegant option.

mruehr
2007-05-24, 06:01 AM
In 2008 you can overide cut pattern

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-05-24, 07:13 AM
As mruehr pointed out you can override the cut pattern on a view by view basis for different object categories. Using this method it's an 'all or nothing' kind of option i.e. all walls will have their cut pattern changed.

If you want to change the appearance of just one wall type then you can use filters to overide the cut pattern.

iru69
2007-05-24, 01:39 PM
i want to show two different cut patterns in multiple views in the same wall
for example:
*SOLID FILL for wall 'A' in plan views
*CONCRETE FILL for wall 'A' in section views

is this possible?
i'm unable to get it to work
It's easy in 2008. You can do a cut-pattern graphic override on a category or on an element by element basis. See Revit Help > Contents > Project Views > Visibility and Graphic Display in Project Views.

It's much more limited in previous versions. You can do a category override in a view, so for instance, you could use the actual cut patterns in your section views and then do a cut pattern graphic override in your plans, but all walls would have the same override.

aaronrumple
2007-05-24, 01:46 PM
Or you could old school it.

Use the coarse level of detail fill for the plan. Then use the fine/medium detail for section.