PDA

View Full Version : split sections

ford347
2007-05-23, 10:53 PM
What's up with split sections? I drew a wall section to fit in a window that wasn't in line with the sections original position, detailed, keynoted the whole nine yards, then I went to place some call-outs and they are not visible or cannot be placed. Yes, my v/g are in order. I think I've ran into this one time before now that I think about it. But I have also come to the conclusion you can't reverse a section split. I try to move it straight again and everything in the view dissapears. I cannot place room tags in this view either.

is there a way to avoid this altogether without never using the split region tool again? I like the option to split the section but it seems you are limited and cannot finish detailing.

Any suggestions? I don't want to re-draw my sections just because I can't place call-outs. Also, these call-outs are referencing other views which really has me stumped.

Thanks
Josh

rjcrowther
2007-05-24, 10:00 AM
I don't have an answer to the split section dilemma - I don't use them as a rule.

As it is no huge deal to take 1 section or 5 I tend to take partial sections of the area I want.
Then use this to create a callout to a detail or use it as detail in itself. This is in addition to two general sections through the whole building. So, my latest 280sq.m house has 2 sections and 3 partial sections with a few details from the sections.

Since the sections are already referenced for you so you don't have to track through sheets of drawings to check callout referencing so that is not a difficulty (when it works!)

Is that concept any good to you for future?

By the way, how did you go with your computing problem and Revit 2008?

Thanks,
Rob