PDA

View Full Version : Updated build of Revit 6.1 (20040720_2100 ) available on the web

Wes Macaulay
2004-07-23, 04:33 PM
Look guys... a new build is out. Any comments from the Factory about what this particular build has going for it? Issues resolved / reasons to upgrade?

Prodev75
2004-07-23, 05:43 PM
Yes that would be nice to know. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the release notes only cover major changes to the software. If there are fixes between builds then the customer would probably want to know before they run into the problem.

Scenario….(Almost 1 year ago)
I had (6) teams members working happily until (1) guy saved to central. His save infected job file. It took me 1-1/2 days to find out he downloaded a new build and started using it half way through the project. You may ask ‘Why did he use the new build?’ The answer is… ‘Because it was there”.

Revit support did acknowledge we all need to have the same build number.

Geesh, guys thanks for the heads up.

slb
2004-07-23, 06:27 PM
All,

You may have noticed that there is a new build of Revit 6.1 available for download at the Download Center. The build number for this build is 20040720_2100 and addresses the following issues:

Some Sloped Ceilings would not display their grid/surface patterns - CORRECTED!

Memory errors during large renderings and walkthroughs - CORRECTED!

Issues with files with linked .dwg files which have had shared coordinates published to them - CORRECTED!

If you are not experiencing any of these issues, it is not necessary for you to download the latest build. If you plan on doing walkthroughs, large rendering, use sloped ceilings and/or use project coordinates, it may be worth your while to update your version of 6.1.

bclarch
2004-07-23, 07:04 PM
Thanks Steve.

Prodev75
2004-07-23, 07:21 PM
Excellent now I don’t have to worry about reinstalling/upgrading all these machines.

Mr. Burri gets the good guy award for the day.

Thank YOU