PDA

View Full Version : Foundation wall Height

bgauthier
2007-05-24, 07:29 PM
Just wondering something. With AutoCAD, I used to put a different hatch pattern in the wall to indicate the wall height. How do you indicate the wall height if you have several ones other then the elevations and sections.
Thanks

aaronrumple
2007-05-24, 09:05 PM
Just wondering something. With AutoCAD, I used to put a different hatch pattern in the wall to indicate the wall height. How do you indicate the wall height if you have several ones other then the elevations and sections.
ThanksHow about spot dimensions (elevations)?

bgauthier
2007-05-25, 12:58 PM
I tried it on the foundation plan, but it doesn't work. Look at what I used to do to see how I give the information. I'm fully aware that I won't be able to do the exact same thing, but is there a way to do it as simple as that.

Brian Myers
2007-05-25, 01:37 PM
You can still "hatch" using the Filled Region command. (You can find this under "Drafting")

aggockel50321
2007-05-25, 01:59 PM
You can get the spot elevations to work if you do this. (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=60837)

bgauthier
2007-05-25, 02:24 PM
I might try that. Unfortunately, the spot elevation is related to the the project's true elevation. My clients will have to get used to a new way of reading the prints. As far as using Filled Region, I'm trying to avoid manual operations. They lead us to mistakes.

aggockel50321
2007-05-25, 03:49 PM
You can change the spot elevation to read to a relative level, and possibly get it to report what you want. Select the spot elevation, go to properties, duplicate it, and under the elevation origin , select "relative", and close the dialog. You'll then be able to choose which level to make it relative to....

bgauthier
2007-05-25, 05:54 PM
WOW, you're a genius. This will be perfect.It is more than close enough. I knew there was something to do and there is alway someone who knows how to do it.
Thank you