PDA

View Full Version : Backwards model text?

patricks
2007-05-24, 10:21 PM
Our client has a logo with a backwards letter in it. How can I make the backwards letter in model text to be used for building signage?

dfriesen
2007-05-24, 10:34 PM
Our client has a logo with a backwards letter in it. How can I make the backwards letter in model text to be used for building signage?I'm thinking you'll need to do two separate model text entities, one created from the front, one from the back (of the ref plane or surface).

LRaiz
2007-05-25, 12:13 AM
Mirror should make it backward

patricks
2007-05-29, 02:59 PM
Mirror should make it backward

If I mirror the text about an axis, the new copy of the text reverts to foward-facing right-side-up text. I looked for a "Keep Readable" check box but there is not one.

LRaiz
2007-05-29, 03:59 PM
Sorry, I didn't try it before suggesting.

See if you can get what you need by setting 2 sketch planes facing in opposite directions and one offset from another by text thickness.

sbrown
2007-05-29, 06:48 PM
If you draw a ref plane from Left to right its front face will be on oneside, if you draw it from right to left it will be on the other. so just try drawing the ref plane, make the text using this as the work plane. if your not right the first time do it the other way.

Justin Marchiel
2007-05-29, 09:30 PM
do you have revit suite? in acad under express tools there is an explode text tool. you can then do anything you want to the text (such as rotate, mirror, upside down, etc.).

Worked well when i used to use adt.

Justin

bowlingbrad
2007-05-29, 09:39 PM
workplane based text.
put text on workplane.
if text needs to be rotated 180, rotate workplane.

dfriesen
2007-05-29, 09:44 PM
Make ONE reference plane (make it easy for yourself and name it - select the reference plane, Properties, give it a name).

Open the South elevation (or whatever view you want to see the sign in).

Place your Model Text for the regular reading part of the logo, using the reference plane.

Open the North elevation (or opposite facing view, making sure that it's extents contain the signage location).

Place your Model Text for the backwards reading part, using the same reference plane, and give it a negative thickness.

Steve_Stafford
2007-05-30, 03:34 AM
To anticipate the next question :smile: What if you want to center justify the sign? Check out this old (2004!) THREAD. (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=6055) Nothing in the thread about making it backwards, just out to set up a family as a sign that you can alter.