PDA

View Full Version : Site component with Detail component

dhurtubise
2007-05-28, 07:11 AM
I've created some signs for site (arrows). I created an equal detail component because we need to show them shaded (i was trying to avoid modeling an extrusion). Everything works fine except that if i close the category, the detail remains. Anyone knows a way to tied them together or i will have to use extrusion ?
Using extrusion will also be a problem since my shade will only show in shaded view

bowlingbrad
2007-05-28, 02:53 PM
I would say use an extrusion with a profile family. Nest the detail component into the profile family and set it to display in only one view detail level (Coarse, Medium or Fine).

See if that works.

iru69
2007-05-28, 04:52 PM
Daniel, I guess I'm not really following... why can't you just use a simple detail component? Is this just in plan view?

Maybe you could post a graphic example of what you're trying to do?

dhurtubise
2007-05-29, 03:18 AM
Here's the detail component.
The weird thing is that if you go to VV and close the Site sub-category(Signs) Detail Component stays on.
But if you pick one and hit VH then everything gets hidden.
I included a sample to show you what i'mtalking about.

iru69
2007-05-29, 04:53 AM
Here's the detail component.
The weird thing is that if you go to VV and close the Site sub-category(Signs) Detail Component stays on.
But if you pick one and hit VH then everything gets hidden.
I included a sample to show you what i'mtalking about.
There is a bug in RAC2008 that sometimes when you turn off a category, subcategories will remain on until you turn off the individual subcategory. Not sure if that's related to what your talking about.

dhurtubise
2007-05-29, 05:49 AM
Not sure but i will report the file to support.