PDA

View Full Version : Mirror

BillyGrey
2007-05-29, 11:05 PM
One of my client's just asked me to mirror a finished project.
A change of mind as far as siting the project.

"Whimsy"

Yes, I know, ka-ching, but not really. The client knows autocad.

argh.

Any news on this front ? ;

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=59360&highlight=mirror+model

Anyone using the latest technique of grouping/mirroring as explained by Scott?

Any help/advise will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Billy

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-30, 12:08 AM
Argh nothing. Remind him/them that you dont use AutoCAD. :shrug:

If they dont like that answer, then give them the choice between doing it right and having the Revit model (ka-ching) or exporting and using what he "knows."

I never played with it much, but i did bind a linked file of about 20 MB and get it to mirror. I used the Binded Files views (through VG > Linked Files > View in Linked File, or whatever) and it worked fine. The text mirrored correctly without issue.

I then remember trying it on a larger file though, and the computer "white screened" (pegged the procesor) till i Ended the task half hour later. Worth a try though :shrug:

Martin P
2007-05-30, 05:59 PM
Tried and failed to get the bind mirrored link file/views :( just crashed after a very long wait.....

Seems as far as I can tell that all you can do is mirror a linked file and the views and work any changes in the back to front file.....?

david.kingham
2007-07-05, 11:08 PM
Had a project in 9.1 that needed to be mirrored, it would not work with Mirror Project so I did a test of upgrading to 08 to link/mirror/bind and the binding fails, the file is 134mb.....now what?