PDA

View Full Version : phasing??

davidbryant
2004-07-26, 02:31 AM
G'day,
currently working on an addition to a school. using phasing. i'm finding that new windows in existing walls are not displaying all linework that i believe it should. in particular, the outside face of the wall that should be seen in projection when looking down at the sill. when it is an existing window in an existing wall, or a new window in a new wall, the problem does not seem to exist.
anyone got any ideas or had the same problem?
ta

adegnan
2004-07-26, 12:56 PM
Make sure your phase filter is set correctly. TYpically "Show previous + New" is what you want to see to find new windows in existing walls.

Also make sure your cut place is at the appropriate height to cut through the window opening.

If this doesn't work post a JPG of the problem and the existing area that shows as you wish.

Parkinson
2004-07-26, 01:36 PM
davidbryant,
I had encountered a similar problem some time back but my problem related to 3d and elevational views of new openings etc in existing walls.
I found a temp solution by going into the relevant door / window family and snapping model lines to the corners and edges of the wall Reveals. That way your missing Reveal lines around new windows, doors and openings in existing walls will be visible (as model lines).
I note that you refer to top projection looking down at the sill. Perhaps my solution is not the right one for your case but it just might help.

davidbryant
2004-07-27, 01:35 AM
thanks guys,
appreciate the comments. will take a look at both suggestions.

ita
2004-07-27, 09:37 AM
davidbryant, Parkinson and I have looked at this issue a number of times (we do similar worka) and the problem persists from 5.1. Martin's (Parkinson in Perth West Aust) work around is the only solution that I have found that works.