PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Way To "Mimic" Keynoting?

dgreen.49364
2007-05-30, 03:52 PM
Let's see if I can explain what I am trying to do. We use the keynoting feature in Revit. We like it. We like it alot. What I would like to figure out is...is there a way to duplicate that same process with other things within the model without stepping on each other.

For example: We have a project, we keynote elements, materials and such, using the standard Revit keynoting. In addition, I would like to be able to have another txt file linked into the model the same way that the keynote.txt file is linked. We use a very complicated wall assembly legend. It incorporates the assembly language along with fire rating, sound test and a whole bunch of other stuff. I would like to have a master txt file with all of the wall assemblies typed out, similar to the keynoting txt file, then have that file somehow associated with my wall tag so that when I tag a wall I can find the appropriate assembly description and build a legend the same way one does with keynote tags and the keynote txt file.

Part of my problem is that I don't know how the keynoting is tied to the txt file. Is this some sort of code embed thing within the software? Is there a way to duplicate this without having the keynoting stepping on the toes of the wall assembly and getting screwy output?

Does this even make sense what I am trying to describe?

sbrown
2007-05-30, 05:48 PM
Note blocks with generic annotations and shared parameters will do what you want.