PDA

View Full Version : Instance Parameters in an Annotation Family

dlancor
2007-05-30, 04:21 PM
Couldn't find this one by searching.....

In our room tag we placed a line underneath the name of the room.

Within the family I've dimensioned this line and attached it to an instance family paramater called line length. The intent is for the user to be able to lengthen or shorten this line as necessary. Flexing it works just fine.

But, when I load it in to a project, place an instance, and go to its properties, 'Line Length' doesn't show up in the first window or within 'edit/new'.

In addition, there are type parameters within the tag that show up under the properties just fine, but if I change any of those to instance parameters, they dissapear as well.

What is going on?

Thank you,

David

petervanko
2007-05-30, 05:16 PM
Well, instance parameters are always in the first dialogue box that comes up when you click on an element's properties; when you go further by editing a type (hitting "Edit/New"), you enter the type dialogue box. This is the first way of telling how your parameters have been set up.

To modify a parameter from Type to Instance:
1) Go into the family editor
2) Click "Family Types" on the design bar
3) "Parameters" can be added, removed, or modified here.
4) "Modify" puts you in a familiar dialogue box, the one you originally made the parameter in
5) Easily change a parameter from "Type" to "Instance"
6) Re load into project...Voila!

Hope this helps, and forgive me if I am back-tracking too much...

dlancor
2007-05-30, 05:26 PM
Peter,

Thank you, and no...i appreciate the clear description.

I have done all of this and still the instance parameters 'dissapear' when the tag is loaded into the project.

In fact, as stated before, i have some type parameters that show up just fine until i take one of them and change it to an instance, and then it no longer shows up under properties. so basically, the problem is with instance paramters in tags.

David

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-05-30, 06:21 PM
David,

I hate to ask the obvious question but, assuming you need to change this line legth to suit the length of the room name, why can't you just change the text style to underline in the room tag family?