PDA

View Full Version : levels

johnf.77896
2007-05-30, 06:21 PM
Is there any way to delete a level? I have a column that has a lower ref level and a upper ref level and I would like to delete the upper ref level? When I try to delete it it wont go away. In my .rvt file I can change the height in the properties but in elevations & 3d they still go up to past what it is set to.

Thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.
www.gmkarch.com

aaronrumple
2007-05-30, 06:47 PM
These are part of the column template. The upper part of the column will move relative to the upper level. The bottom will move relative to the bottom level. This allows a column to span between levels and remain parametric.

In the project - the height will be interpeted as relative to these two levels.

If you must have a column that just uses a height parameter, then set a ref plane below the uppper ref. line. and dimension with your parameter between the lower level and the ref. plane. Do not dimension between the two levels and call this height. it doesn't work that way.

johnf.77896
2007-05-30, 08:57 PM
Aaron, so could I just add in a level and constrain the top of the column to a level below my roof and it would work?

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.
www.gmkarch.com

Tried that and it didnt work. Any other thoughts on this?

whittendesigns
2007-05-30, 09:23 PM
you could edit your family so that it doesn't constrain to the upper level. you could place a reference plane and constrain to that. Isn't there a spot in your properties section when you get in your project an offset from level?

aaronrumple
2007-05-31, 02:16 PM
Aaron, so could I just add in a level and constrain the top of the column to a level below my roof and it would work?

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.
www.gmkarch.com (http://www.gmkarch.com/)

Tried that and it didnt work. Any other thoughts on this?Yes. Or just use a negative top level offset from the roof. This is all done in the project - not the family....