PDA

View Full Version : Monolithic Stair smooth underside!!

Mr Spot
2004-07-26, 05:00 AM
I've been stuffing around with this for too LONG!! Can anyone tell me why this stair will not allow me to have a smooth underside. Even when smooth is selected the result is still stepped!! I often have problems with this and i've read through the stair crib sheet numerous times. Maybe Phil could enlighten me? :!:

Mr Spot
2004-07-26, 10:36 PM
I guess this doesn't make sense to anyone else either? I did notice if i use the same stair type using straight sections of runs it works fine. So i assume its to do with the curves. Would still like to know why it does it though as i'm possitive i could create this as in-place with a smooth underside???

beegee
2004-07-27, 12:39 AM
I've looked at it and can see no reason why it shouldn't work. Looks like a bug. Suggest you send it to support.

chukarov
2004-07-27, 04:35 PM
There is a work around. You may create custom railing profile.(see attachment)
You may have to play around the placement height and the profile itself.

uluber
2004-08-02, 06:12 PM
I've had the same problem while doing the Revit stair tutorial... I couldn't get it to correct itself.

Mr Spot
2004-08-03, 06:49 AM
I sent it to revit and there lame response was to create it in sections. Unfortunately it's a multi-level stair and i don't feel like doing it in 30 odd sections... For now i'll just reveal my disappointment... :screwy:

I know i can use railing as a workaround but i wanted autodesk to know it was a problem...