PDA

View Full Version : curtain wall created using mass

natete
2007-06-01, 04:29 PM
i encountered this problem for the first time since and was hoping there's someone out there who had the same problem and found the solution.
i've created pretty straight forward curtainwall using mass and added all the good stuffs like custom mullions and custom panels..etc..
i'm trying to unselect some of the faces as our design has changed. when i unselect faces and try to remake the curtainwall, i keep getting an error message saying that the curtain grid can not be created. it's too small to create mullions.....

any thoughts?.

lev.lipkin
2007-06-01, 05:01 PM
Please send you model with journal to Support.

sfaust
2007-06-01, 05:01 PM
can you delete the mullions and then the curtain wall?

natete
2007-06-01, 05:09 PM
thanks guys

Lev,
can you tell me what the best way to send the model is?
it's kind of big file (32 stories high rise with curtain wall)
I've never had a contact with support so i'm not sure what the protocol usually is.
if you can walk me through, i would really appreciate.

thanks again

natete
2007-06-01, 05:11 PM
thanks Steve for your comment.
I've tried that but didn't have much luck...

sfaust
2007-06-01, 05:12 PM
hmm. If you go to "show" on the error message and look for the mullions, does it show you any or say there is no good view?

natete
2007-06-01, 05:31 PM
hey,
i think i got it.
what happened is that everytime i got the error message and, as you said, clicked 'show' it kept highlighting curtain grids on the face that i wated to keep. So i thought it had some conflict with curtain grids on other faces. I kept trying to delete mullions and grids on those faces but not the ones on the face that i wanted to eleminate.... how silly.

i've just tried it out and it worked.
thanks for your fresh look in this problem.

best,
cr

sfaust
2007-06-01, 06:07 PM
NP. GLAD IT WORKED :)