PDA

View Full Version : Levels Below first floor

weston
2004-07-26, 06:23 PM
I am trying to create a model of an existing house. I modeled the house from survey data and used imported topography from civil to create the site. I then figured out the two wings of the building were actually lower than the first floor. I tried to create two new levels to put these floors on and when I tried to create it it screwed up a bunch of my wall and roof joins. Does anybody know why this could be happening?

aggockel50321
2004-07-26, 07:43 PM
How did you go about it? Did you create the new level(s) & then change the associated level of the wings' floors to match? If the base of the walls are constrained to the floors. they'll follow. It usually makes more sense to set the wing walls' base constraints to match the the wing levels.

weston
2004-07-26, 07:48 PM
I tried creating the level first and that pulled the walls off the roofs. I did make the base offsets of the walls at the right level but I want to be able to create a new level so that I can reference the floors and walls and stairs to that level intead of offsetting everything.
As soon as I try to create the levels I get a warning that certain walls and roofs can not stay joined, I cant figure out why creating a new level would cause these things to become unjoined

bclarch
2004-07-26, 07:51 PM
I believe that Andrew is on the right track. You should also check your wall heights. Are they explicit, set to a specific level or attached to the roof above? Explicit height is more likely to cause problems. If they are set to a specific level or attached to the roof they should adjust automatically with the least likelyhood of problems. You might have to experiment a bit.

Edit: Nearly simultaneous posts. I see that you are exploring this issue already. Good luck.