PDA

View Full Version : Two Level Area Plans/Schedules

dgraue
2007-06-04, 04:29 PM
I have a series of two story townhomes and I need an area schedule which includes the count and total area of each type (Townhome A, Townhome B, Townhome C, etc). For instance, I have 6 Townhouse "A" units with 800 sf on the first level and 650 sf on the second level for a total of 1450 sf for each of these units. I need my schedule to reflect the count of 6 and 1450sf for each and a total area of 8700 sf for the 6 Townhome "A" units.

Any idea how to get the schedule to represent this?

cphubb
2007-06-04, 05:39 PM
You will need to create an area scheme based in the Area name or type. You will assign the 'A' to all the units in the type or name. and B, and C.

You will create a color fill legend based on the field that was used and group by that field, level etc. Turn on Totals count and title for the groups and grand totals and you should get what you want

dgraue
2007-06-04, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=cphubb]You will need to create an area scheme based in the Area name or type. You will assign the 'A' to all the units in the type or name. and B, and C.

You will create a color fill legend based on the field that was used and group by that field, level etc. Turn on Totals count and title for the groups and grand totals and you should get what you want[/QUOTE

I want to believe you...I do, but for 6 "A" units with two levels each my totals in the schedule equal 12. I tried to assign a formula to divide by two but the warning tells me Count can not be used in formulas.

cphubb
2007-06-04, 09:11 PM
Are you totaling per floor or for the entire building?

If you need just the units and totals per floor group the areas by level and total the groups. Turn off the grand totals and it will appear that you have individual schedules per group and per level.
Can you post an image of what your schedule looks like now?

dgraue
2007-06-04, 11:06 PM
Are you totaling per floor or for the entire building?

If you need just the units and totals per floor group the areas by level and total the groups. Turn off the grand totals and it will appear that you have individual schedules per group and per level.
Can you post an image of what your schedule looks like now?

Ok, attached is a simplified example. You will see a couple of two-story "A"-Unit Townhomes and a couple of two-story "B"-Unit Townhomes. The schedule needs to show 2 "A"-Units and 2 "B"-Units with a total square footage per townhome and then a Grand Total number of units and Grand Total area. I can't seem to schedule the total area of 1474 sf (840 sf Level One + 634 sf Level Two) for each "A"-Unit Townhome. I can't group them by Level because instead of 2 "A"-Units the schedule shows 4 "A"-Units (2 for each level).

As I read this, it seems a bit confusing but look at the attached rvt file and it should make more sense.http://forums.augi.com/images/icons/icon12.gif
Wink