PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Issues

StephenVB
2003-07-06, 03:32 AM
I'm having several issues with this ramp.

1. Railings show differently on plan than it does anywhere else. If I change it to work in 3d view, the situation reverses (railing in is wall in plan and visible anywhere else).

2. On plan, the handrail extensions at the top of the ramp are not visible. I have tried everything, from changing visibility/graphics to experimenting with the plan cut elevation. Nothing seems to work.

3. Left Handrail, Can someone explain whats going on here with the bottom extension? I did nothing different for this extension compared to the other three I drew.

4. Left Handrail, I need to rework the handrail around the laminated arch, which I've done easy enough, but the handrail above the arch changes to horizontal and does not follow the ramp. Any tips?

I running build 20030415-1500, does the latest one work a little better when it comes to how these railings behave?

Thanks,
Steve.

PeterJ
2003-07-07, 08:41 AM
Are the extensions part of the same railing or are they separate add-ons? I think this may have an effect on the visibility of those at the top.

StephenVB
2003-07-07, 10:27 PM
I editted the handrail to add short segments at the top and bottom of the handrail created when the ramp was created. I did try extending the handrail at each end, but it just continued the sloping handrail section.

Scott D Davis
2003-07-07, 10:54 PM
Ramps, stairs, and handrails need some major improvments to make them more intuitive. Hopefully the Revit Design Team is taking this into account for the next major release.