PDA

View Full Version : multi-landing stair handrail problems

cstanley
2007-06-05, 04:18 PM
see the attached images from a user's stair. We are having a problem getting the railing on the lower part to host to the lower part of the stair, because of overlapping handrail sketch lines.

How would you do this? I'm thinking it needs to be broken into a couple of handrails, but haven't gone there, yet.

Overconstrained
2007-06-05, 08:24 PM
I think you'll have to split the handrail sketch at the landing and re-host the newly split part to the lower stair flight.

I'm guessing that the stair you've shown was made in two parts instead of one continuous flight?

Matt Brennan
2007-06-05, 09:45 PM
I think you'll have to split the handrail sketch at the landing and re-host the newly split part to the lower stair flight.

I'm guessing that the stair you've shown was made in two parts instead of one continuous flight?

What we have done in the past is to set up one complete railing (1 - main for example) and then use the copy aligned tool (floor 2-10).

When setting up the initial railing, may have to set the start and end height of the railing. I have included a screen shot to explain myself better.

At that point you can use the linework tool the make split railing look like one. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

cstanley
2007-06-06, 01:36 PM
interesting...i hadn't noticed that slope box before.

when the image I posted was made, the stair was created as one sketch. it worked ok, which is why i thought the railing would do the same. the stair has since been broken up, as well as the handrail...