PDA

View Full Version : property set problem

claus
2007-06-05, 06:26 PM
Hi

I have this huge problem, and i hope some off you have the right answer.

I have this property set witch worked fine in the 2005 and the 2006 version. Now it doesn´t work in the 2007.1 and 2008. It´s a MvPart called a radiator. In the attached drawing you can see how we use this, but if you modify the radiator, it shows with no property set.

It´s not because we have an old drawing, because we still have the problem in a new drawing in the 2008.

The problem is logged at Autodesk, and they have had this problem over a month now. Not to point any fingers, we would just be happy if anyone could help us out.

Thanks allot...

stelthorst
2007-06-06, 02:46 AM
Hi Claus,

I took a look at your drawing unfortunately I wasn't able to do much with it because I don't have Radiators in my MvParts catalog. I'm not sure if this is a country specific MvPart or did you create the radiator catalog yourself?

Just to help clarify your problem/issue what PSD's are not updating? I'm assuming it's the RIO property in the RAD property set since it's the only formula PSD you are using in your schedule.

It seems to me that since your RIO property set is using manual PSD's in the formula

[MvPartRadiatorCatalogData:LenA1.1]x[MvPartRadiatorCatalogData:LenA2.2]that the PSD would not update unless you manually updated the LenA1.1 and LenA2.2 PS.

Hopefully someone who is better with formula property sets will post with more/better ideas (Are you out there David Koch?)

If I've completely missed your problem/issue post back and I'll do some more digging.

dkoch
2007-06-06, 12:04 PM
(Are you out there David Koch?)Yes, but I do not have access to AMEP/ABS, let alone a specific type of MVPart. Is there anything special about MVParts and attached property sets in AMEP that is not available in ACA? Poking at a problem drawing is usually the best course, but unfortunately I can not do that. Sorry.

stelthorst
2007-06-06, 02:59 PM
Yes, but I do not have access to AMEP/ABS, let alone a specific type of MVPart. Is there anything special about MVParts and attached property sets in AMEP that is not available in ACA? Poking at a problem drawing is usually the best course, but unfortunately I can not do that. Sorry.
Hi David,

Thanks for responding (Did you just happen to find this thread or are you like Superman and you could hear the distress call and logged on to your computer to save the day?) :)

We may have problems with this since you don't have access to AMEP/ABS and I don't have access to Claus's Radiator MvPart Catalog

To answer your question the radiator MvPart that Claus is having problems with is a parametric block that allows you to create a table of values for different parameters of a part (such as length and width) and then it creates a block based on the parameters you choose. Claus is using these parameters (MvPartRadiatorCatalogData:LenA1.1 and MvPartRadiatorCatalogData:LenA2.2) to show the length and width of the radiator.

The way I understand his problem is when he first selects his MvPart his schedule works correctly but if he changes the radiator to a different size the schedule does not update.

The thing I noticed in Claus's "PSD MvPartRadiatorCatalogData" is that all of the property sets are manual and I'm wondering if this might be why the schedule is not automatically updating.

Clear as mud, right? :?

dkoch
2007-06-08, 02:11 AM
Clear as mud, right? :?
Pretty much. I know what MVParts are in general, but was not aware of the table of values thing. I would think that you would need an automatic property to access those table values, assuming that is a standard thing available for MVParts. [Or, wild guess here, if a manual property were involved, it would require a field that somehow references the table - but that is kind of crazy and I imagine that MVParts/tables existing before the introduction of fields in AutoCAD, so an automatic property would still be my best guess.]

stelthorst
2007-06-12, 12:52 AM
Hi claus,

I may have stumbled across something that may help you. I had a whole bunch of tags in a drawing and changed my property set formula and couldn't get the tags to update. For some reason I selected all of the tags and went to the properties and clicked on the attributes. I couldn't see any way to update the attributes so I clicked OK to exit the attribute dialog box and voila all of the tags updated.

This got me thinking maybe there is some way to get your radiators to update so they will schedule correctly. I'll try to play with my idea in the next couple of days and see if I can come up with something.

stelthorst
2007-06-12, 12:59 AM
Hi claus

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AMEP 2008 forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Scott Telthorst

Forum Moderator