PDA

View Full Version : Ghost annotations

abink
2007-06-05, 10:03 PM
Hi,

my company has outsourced some CD work on a Revit project to another company. When we got it back, there were a lot of issues with it, one of the biggest being what I call "ghost annotations". The "ghosts" do not show and don't print, and when I go to the view and by chance scrape them with the cursor, they pop up in grey and I can also activate them. See the three attached pictures ["normal", hovering cursor over ghost annotation, activated ghost annotation].

This happens to callouts and section cuts. And most of them are not placed on a sheet. When I go to the callout or section views of the "ghosts", some of them have callouts or sections of their own that HAVE been placed on sheets. Which makes me believe that it is possible to switch off annotations individually and not by category when I go to Visibility/Graphics...or?

I hope this is not a software glitch that might stem from using different builds of Revit 9.1. It is quite handy, after all. The company who did the work won't reply my questions... :-(

Thanks,
Axel

cliff collins
2007-06-05, 10:28 PM
If I understand the question correctly, I think what you are seeing are annotations which have been "hidden in view". Hover over one, right click, and select "unhide in view"
Hope this helps. In RAC2008 you can use this feature for elements other than annotations
as well...

cheers......

abink
2007-06-05, 11:50 PM
Thanks Collins,

that's exactly what I was struggling with. I just can't seem to keep up with all the toggles, right-click menus, etc...And like I said before: This is a great feature and will solve many problems I had so far!

Greetings,
Axel