PDA

View Full Version : Door Schedules and Door Types

cgrover
2004-07-27, 05:19 AM
I'm using a type of door in a project and in the schedule I was trying to give the "Door Type" two different labels for the same type of door. This does not seem to work because it changes the "Type" for all the same type of doors. How do I solve this since the "Size" is the same for each of the door and how it lists in the schedule is the same.

Also is it correct that the "Size" column is actually the name of the door? Can this be changed?

Thanks,
grover

beegee
2004-07-27, 05:49 AM
I'm using a type of door in a project and in the schedule I was trying to give the "Door Type" two different labels for the same type of door. This does not seem to work because it changes the "Type" for all the same type of doors. How do I solve this since the "Size" is the same for each of the door and how it lists in the schedule is the same.

Also is it correct that the "Size" column is actually the name of the door? Can this be changed?

Thanks,
groverDoor 101 is Type A and Door 102 is Type B. They are both the same size. Select Door 102 and Edit / Duplicate its Element Properties assigning the new door as a type "B". You will notice when you do this that Revit automatically assigns a new door family type name, incremented from the original that is being edited / duplicated. You can over-ride that name to be any unique name you wish. You can also rename, any existing door family type name through edit in the element properties.