PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Elevation Tag

Scott_Bloss
2004-07-27, 11:43 AM
Is it possible to create an exterior elevation tag that matches the appearance of the attached elevation tag? I have found that the exterior elevation tags in Revit behave differently than let say sections, etc. I have not been able to produce a exterior elevation tag in Revit to match our office standard format which matches the attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sbrown
2004-07-27, 12:42 PM
I can't see your image. But you can only create a circle with filled arrows or empty arrows and a square with the same arrow choices.

Steve_Stafford
2004-07-27, 03:12 PM
Scott,

The elevation tag is still a system family which means we have very limited control over their appearance. Not only that but if you move the tag on one view, you'll be moving it in other views too.

If matching your elevation tag is a MUST, for now you could create a section type (an elevation is really just a section in front of the bldg right?) and use a section head that matches your spec. It will be a bit of a hassle to format and your elevations would appear in the section portion of the project browser but you'd get the symbol you want. Try it out, see if it is acceptable for now?

aaronrumple
2004-07-27, 03:47 PM
That symbol layout is a pita to format. A firm I was consulting with used a similar symbol for sections and I had to have 4 different symbols to get the text in the right spot.

Recommendation: Don't fight with software.

Scott_Bloss
2004-07-27, 04:59 PM
Recommendation: Don't fight with software.

Aaron I agree with you whole heartly i am just trying to make everyone happy!

Steve I have looked at your solution and will give it a try to see how it works for the mean time but i wish the development team could give us a bit more flexibilty. Thanks for your help.